Friday, June 25, 2010

One Line A Day

I recently found a great little book that I wish I would of had when I started the adoption process as well as throughout this pregnancy. I am not great at keeping a journal each day and once we received Mamush's referral I had really, really wished that I was. Not so much to journal the feelings or what I was doing on that day, that I remember vividly, but the days leading up to his referral. It kills me that I don't know what I was doing on the day he was born. Even if it was a little mundane, I wish I would of kept better track of what I was doing each day throughout the waiting process.

I was at a local boutique store called Patina and found a book published by Chronicle Books, its called "One Line A Day." There is also a version called "Mom's One Line a Day." Conveniently they come in pink and a pretty aqua blue. Its a five year memory book. There is just enough room to record roughly a sentence or two a day. I decided that now is better than never and picked one up for Mamush and another for No. 2 (still awaiting arrival.) I can commit to just a thought a day and its nice to keep it light and just say a few small things to let each of them know what I am feeling or doing that day.

No comments: