June 23, 2008. 10:15 AM. KKE Architects.
Giving a presentation concerning some new product, phone vibrates. Just an email...and an explanation that I brought my phone into an appointment, not because I am rude, but because I am expecting an important phone call. The phone vibrates. My coworker Anne calling me. An apology to the three designers I am talking to, I can't concentrate. Back to the presentation, showing the new Stacy Garcia, Ananta pattern (it really is pretty.) Phone vibrates, the head of interiors says answer it, answer it. Its a 651 area code. My hands are shaking, just hoping, please don't let this be BWBR calling for yet another sample of Suns & Moons. "This is Kate."
"Kate, this is L.N. Are you in a place where you can talk?"
The rest is a blur. I ditched my appointment, samples and presentation boards, told the designers I had to go, ran out of the office into the elevator and called Chad! I was 5 minutes from his office, zipped through construction zones while hitting ever stop light in downtown Minneapolis. I valet parked and ran through RBC Plaza (if you know me, you know I don't run.) We sat in Chad's office on speaker phone and heard the news we have been waiting 14 months and 2 days to hear....Its a BOY!
He is perfect in every way! Big brown eyes, pouty lips and no hair. His name is Mamush (Ma-moosh.) He is 8 months old and we are beyond thrilled! I have permanent goosebumps and my cheeks are killing me!
He was worth every second!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Congratulations Kate and Chad!!! We can't wait to meet him and be his aunt, uncle and cousin!
Love you!
Jess, Kris & Jack
Wahooooooo! I have been reading along your journey. We are about to hit our 12 month mark. Tears of joy are streaming for you guys.
I hope you make it before court closures. Great, great story.
Luv. It. Luv. It.
Seriously crying tears of joy!!!!! You better be coming down this way soon, I need to see his sweet pic!
CONGRATS MAMA!!!
We are so happy for you! Congratulations!!! Can't wait til you're able to bring him home and begin your lives as a family!!!Congratulations on your son!!!
I don't even know you but I know Jess (through the mom and baby group) and I am too sitting here with tears! This is the best news for your family and am still praying for a quick pick up of the little guy. he is so lucky!
Stacey Korkki
I'm so happy for your family, congrats on this VERY exciting news!
Congrats! I'm am so happy for you guys! I can't wait to see pictures of your little man. You'll be in prayers these next couple months. What an awesome story...thanks for the details.
BEST POST EVER!!!!
I LOVE ALL THREE OF YOU!!!!
NEED BOY STUFF, WE GOT IT!!!!!!!!
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :)
(i'm thrilled)
YIPEE!!! YAY!!! YAY YAY!! REJOICE! REJOICE!!!
We are SO HAPPY for you Kate and Chad!!! I do not know how I missed the shouts of JOY coming from New Hope.:) What a wonderful day to have you send me your blog. What a lucky little boy you have headed into your lives! We can't wait to meet him!!!
Tears!!! (don't tell anyone)
I knew those good vibes were gonna work!!! SUPER HUGE CONGRATS! Can't wait to hear more and see more in the coming months. And his name...Gotta love it! Enjoy every minute of it, you deserve some well deserved joy!
Tony
AWESOME....I just love reading this entry. It chokes me up everytime.
Laura
So exciting! Congratulations on your son.
Post a Comment