Chad and I took our entourage to the Mehaber this past weekend! Last year we went as waiting parents and this year...you guessed it, waiting parents. Its like part fun part torture. There are workshops, games and activities for the kids, food and even a little shopping. And yes, tons and tons of beautiful children, white, black, big and small that run all over the place with energy that I would like to figure out how to bottle up and start taking.
We saw some families that we met last year, all in varying degrees of the adoption process. It was so nice to reconnect with the ones that I feel like I have known forever. They offer support in ways that only adoptive parents can do. Besides the fact that I am completely enamoured with their kiddo's, they are just good people.
I was also able to talk with a couple who doesn't know it, but has made my wait a wee easier. They live in Minnesota and when we started this process I found their blog, they were adopting a toddler from Ethiopia. For whatever reason I feel totally connected to this family even though they don't necessarily know I exist...and yes, this could and very well might, potentially freak them out. But, for my sanity, some days its easier to obsess over someone elses life and not mine! I knew I liked them they said they were huggers!
We are grateful we were able to go and extremely happy to have the support of our family too. Here's to KNOWING that next year, we WILL have a little one. WE WILL!
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It was good to see you there Kate, hoping your torture ends soon. Thanks again for watching big M for me while I tried to score some injera. She was asleep in 5 min on the way home which never happens.
I spotted you from afar, but didn't catch you! Are you coming down my way anytime soon?
Hang in there...my fingers are still crossed for you!
It was great to see you again this year! Thanks for giving me your blog address, because it looks like I'm going to be tuning in just in time for all the action. #6!!! Wow, that's like an ANY DAY NOW situation! I'm sending you good vibes ***--- ***--- (Heh, those are my cheezy good vibes. Hope they work).
Looking forward to seeing you next time with an addition to your family! Take care, the "huggers".
We had a great time at the Mehaber and the rest of the weekend with you guys. Can't wait to have a grandkid of our own to spoil and send back to you guys, that should be fun. Probably shouldn't have gone now I'm all excited to be the grandpa. Hope you guys can make it up to Webster for some R and R this summer. Love Dad and Mom R.
Post a Comment