Thursday, September 10, 2009

Departing Mpls!

It is Chad's birthday today! Although I would love to get him a gas powered weed whacker, he may have to enjoy plane tickets instead!!!!

They are purchased! My mom and dad have been saving frequent flier miles for a very long time. There were enough saved up to get one round trip ticket to Ethiopia! I had no idea just how exciting this would really be until I found out that we owe less than half of what we would of if we didn't have the frequent flier miles! Hopefully this means we can just bring over more donations and do A LOT more shopping over there than we would of originally done!

I seriously cannot believe that in less than one month we will get to meet our little boy. The anticipation of it is very real but knowing that we actually have a day that we are leaving Minneapolis to experience Ethiopia and meet Mamush is very surreal. October 7th, Mamush or BUST.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Congratulations...I can't believe the time has come! You'll be in my prayers as you prepare to meet your new little guy!

Stefani said...

Happy Birthday Chad! What a great present! See you both in Addis!

Adventures of Antone said...

Woohoo!!! The countdown is on...Mamush or BUST!!!