Monday, September 28, 2009

Calling In Favors

Oh the favors.

Lady is headed to Grandpa and Grandma Roberts (soon to be Great-Grandpa and Grandma.) Packing for Lady is a little like packing for a child, a bed, bowls, food, meds, outfits...ok no outfits, but you get the drift.

Pepper aka King Tut will have the run of the house. Our gracious neighbors will be coming over to take care of him while we are out. Its hard to leave him because he is so loving, we are going to be seriously snubbed when we get home. Thankfully Bob and Mary love animals and I know he will get the attention he lives for.

The Freezer is stocked. My sister Jess and I had a "Cooking for Kate" day. God Bless her. She is wonder woman in the kitchen, wrist cuffs and all. We whipped up some serious meals including but not limited to all sorts of organic baby food for our peanut.

Ben the carpenter has patiently held my hand through some small remodeling projects and will have them complete by the time we get home!

My sweet Carla came over one Saturday with her new little McKenna and said, "Anything you want to get done, we will do." She really has no idea.

Anne & Michelle swung over and help me go through Mamush's list and pack and organize him in less than 2.5 hours. I literally felt weight lifting from our shoulders.

My sister Jess will be taking us to and from the airport. That in itself is a huge time suck so we are grateful that she is so willing to help us out!

Ma & Pa Roberts are going to rake leaves while we are gone...so very many leaves! Not sure if they realized what they've offered up!

And last but not least, the BLOG. We will be having a guest blogger. There will be limited computer access in Ethiopia but we will do our best to blog while we are gone. I have asked one of my dearest friends Tiff to take care of that for us. She is a neutral party and her honey of a husband is by far the greatest technical guru I have ever met. If Tiff and Ryan can't figure it out, no one will!

I am sure I am forgetting someone and I am so sorry if I am. I sometimes sit back and think about all of those around us that have been waiting as long as we have to bring home our bambino. So many prayers answered. Thank you!

1 comment:

Erica Jo (mamasweetpea) said...

Yeah! So excited you are finally getting ready to go. Enjoy each and every moment of the trip...the sights the smells, and most importantly finally holding your little man! Let me know once you are home and headed down our way. i would LOVE to meet this little man in person!!