Our first "hiccup" in the process, and here is goes....
Remember that little trip to Homeland Security (finger printing...James Bond style?) Well, its wreaking a little havoc on our I600A. The I600A is one of 14,534 forms that we have had to either fill out, file, or wait for and we have been waiting quite some time for it...longer than most.
Anyway, we received a gracious (sensing sarcasm anyone?) letter from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services stating that we need to submit, yet another Certificate of Marriage, sealed by our lovely state government (There's another $8.)
Chad and I actually had this conversation on Saturday over lunch....
Kate "What if we really aren't married?"
Chad "That would be AWESOME!"
Kate "Ummm, what?"
Chad "You know I'm kidding right?"
Yeah right. Anyway, I am hoping that we are married, legally, which forced me to really look at our certificate...you know, reassurance. And well, its all there, but for the record, they did spell Jess' (witness & sister) last name incorrectly. Who spells Christensen, Christsensen? That's awesome, there's a typo on our Certificate of Marriage. I am sure that will cost at least another $8 to get fixed.
So on Monday, a trip to the post office. Nothing a little "Certified Mail" won't solve...that will be another $8, but who's counting?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment