Monday, July 21, 2008

The Wait Continues...(que intense music now.)

I hit the big 3-0 today and it didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. Its not so hard...yet. I actually kind of like getting older (minus the whole can't eat what I want all the time thing.) I feel like I am on the track I need to be on, my friendships get much deeper and my family changes for the better with additions like Kris and Craig, my nephew Jack, and even puppies like Annie's new addition Gunner and Steph's Koho. Some things about 30 aren't so bad.

There aren't too many updates to give you on the adoption front. We are still waiting and trying to do so with grace...yeah right. But anyway, we are trying to pass the time and to keep the baby ball rolling (cause we haven't really done too much lately on the baby front....with the exception of pouting that is.) We are going to be getting the nursery done in the next few weekends with the help of soon-to-be Grandma Roxi. We have to take wallpaper down (yes more) and paint, get the furniture put together and start stocking the closets, with what I am not sure, I just hope we figure it out when we need to. I don't really know what to buy because we don't know what we are getting, sex, age, siblings, etc. But, I did recently buy a onesie that says "My Daddy Rocks" and I have a few children's books that we have picked up here and there. So, the ball is rolling and hopefully the forward motion means a baby will come to us sooner rather than later. For the record, more prayer's wouldn't hurt and God know's we will take them!

No comments: