Saturday, November 14, 2009

Our New Normal

Its amazing what a new normal feels like after almost a month. Eight PM is the new 10 PM, and 6:00 AM is the new 7:30 AM. Leftovers are the new take out and Jojoba Oil is not something you cook with.

Life with Mamush is actually starting to feel normal. We are getting a routine down, naps around 9 AM and 3 PM, bed at 8 PM, sleeping though the night till 6 AM! Taking the bottle like a champ, new foods include Mandarin oranges, whole grain waffles, apples, apple juice and cinnamon bread. We have the skin routine down, Aquaphor, Johnson's lotion with Cocoa Butter or Vaseline straight up. We are still working through the hair routine, this week we tried Jojoba Oil and it worked wonders. Mamush found his fro about a week ago and its constantly being rubbed and all sorts of things get stuck in it including food but not limited to lint and dog hair. He is a social butterfly that seems to enjoy being out a lot more than he enjoys hanging with mom at home during the week, but somehow getting out seems to keep us both sane even if its another trip to Trader Joe's.

I am learning all sorts of things about myself too, some good, some bad. I guess its called motherhood. Its amazing how many things I can pick up or turn on and off with my toes. Warm meals are a thing of the past. I think about Mamush's birth mother multiple times a day. I need more patience...and energy. I love it when strangers say "Pretty baby" and hate it when they rub his hair, just to name a few.

Here are a few parting photos, the many faces of Mamush....

5 comments:

Chilly ET said...

Loving the pix! Glad the routine is coming around. It makes all the difference in the world!

Stephanie said...

He is JUST gorgeous, Kate. I bet he takes photography to a whole new level, eh! Amen for toes, and amen for routines! Yeah!

Adventures of Antone said...

Kate, I completely hear you about thinking about his birth mom. Not a day passes that I don't think about Antone's birth mom. Keep me posted if you find the secret for more energy!

Adam and Steph said...

I love the faces he makes! He is so adorable! I'm glad everything is starting to fall into a routine. (Can you teach us that?) We can't wait to see you guys again when you get a free moment. (We know you're super busy, we understand - but know that we are enjoying reading your posts and getting to know a little more about Mamush as you share pictures and stories about how he's doing!) Glad to hear all is going well! - Adam & Steph

Erica Jo (mamasweetpea) said...

He is ADORABLE!! Give me a call next time you come down this way! I would love to chat motherhood, birth mothers, and irresistable ET babes!