Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Adjusting!

We are alive and realizing very quickly that our blog has been put on the back burner! Its easy to let it slip considering that once little things like using the ladies room is a gigantic task these days.

Our Mamush is on the move. Constantly. He is fast and cuts us no slack. If he isn't sleeping or eating he is crawling, climbing or trying to walk. Sleep is kind of like playing the lotto, some nights you win, most nights you loose. That has been by far the hardest part for me and I have learned that if I don't sleep when he does throughout the day, its makes for a very rough rest of the day. We have made our way into the wonderful world of more solid foods. Black beans being one of his personal favorites, avocado a close second, pears and apples are still a little hit and miss and he will do anything for those darn Gerber Graduate Puffs, also known as magic puffs or flavored air at our house. My favorite time with Mamush is when he gives me kisses, full-fledged, drool kisses. Typically four or five in a roll. He is quite sweet.

Some funny stuff. He found his fro. He loves to rub it, get it all full of mushed food and frizz it out. He found his voice, all sorts of noises. This morning I thought I heard a scene out of Jurassic Park, nope it was Mamush playing. He recently stated saying "MMMMMMM" after every bite (eating takes a while.) Mamush also recently found his rhythm as he will occasionally boogie with the right tunes.

We hope to have photos soon, we are having a few issues with our computer.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

He sounds hilarious and perfect! Down to the perfection of the sleep 'game' too :) I think Laura once said it to me best - something about how they are only up in the middle of the night for such a short time, that before we know it we no longer get that special cuddle or play time anymore. Leave it to her to think of something positive, when all I wanted to do was rip my own head off a that point, hehe! All I can say is COFFEE!

Chilly ET said...

I love this post. It makes me think back to when we were first parents, running non stop to make sure she didn't get away.

PS- Coffee sounds great. Want to join us for a "Crawl"? Not sure if you have my email. Just shoot me yours on a "comment" and I won't post it to the blog post, and then we will go from there.

Take care you two and get some rest!

Chilly ET said...

Ummm.... Yeah.... What I wrote before again please! Saw it, saved it (somewhere so safe that I can't find it) then deleted the message. I'm dumb!
Thanks, Tony

PS, our joint "crawl" will probably have to be after Dec 12th. Water day is approaching fast and getting crazier by the day!