Why do somethings happen so fast and others so slow?
We were back from vacation on Sunday. Chad is back to working 15 hour days and its just me and sweet Lady at home hanging out. Since we have been back I had been noticing Lady acting a little strange. She has been bumping into things here and there, weaving while walking up the stairs and avoiding eye contact as if she's mad at me. I casually asked Chad if he had been noticing the same things hoping that he would tell me I was being psychotic (a common occurrence.) Instead he said the dreaded words, "Now that you mention it...."
We immediately got her into the Vet which lead to seeing a specialist. Lady and I made the trip to St. Louis Park to see an Opthomologist....for beasts. I know, sounds kind of crazy when you first hear of it right...well, they do exist and I am thankful for it. We met an amazing doctor who was patient, knowledgeable, and best of all, drew pictures so I could understand just exactly was going on. Our sweet Lady is loosing her sight. Not just a little, a lot. We are hoping that a few drugs help us get her back on track but the doctor wasn't too hopeful.
Granted, this is not a life or death situation. I will admit that tears have fallen down my cheeks today more than once. I have seen her walk into more walls than I can count in unfamiliar spaces today. I had a doctor tell me that at the age of 6 she more than likely will be permanently blind. I hurt because she doesn't look at me the same way, in my direction but not really at me. I am sad because so much of our family is just her right now and all of the hopes of her meeting our baby. Chad and I have talked repeatedly, visualized, what it will be like when baby meets Lady. The idea that she won't actually see him makes me break a little.
I know she will adjust. I know we will adjust. I just never thought we would have to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Chad & Kate,
We are thinking of you so much. I can't imagine how hard it is to watch Lady struggling with being able to see. I hope that the medicine is helping at least a little bit! Please know we are thinking of you!!!
Love, Adam & Steph
Post a Comment