We received this email today from a friend of mine that I have known for almost 19 years (scary, I know.) I know if I asked her if I could post this she would of said no, so I opted for begging for her forgiveness later. We are so fortunate to get emails everyday from friends and family that continue to support us through this journey. This one will stick with me forever....thank you Beth!
Chad and Kate,
I just had to write you and tell you my feelings right now. This afternoon I was trying to get Andrew down for a nap and happened to tune into "Adoption Stories" on Discovery Health Channel. The show was about a couple who had decided to adopt from Ethiopia. After a long wait they found out they would be the parents of a little girl named Ajabi. She was a beautiful little girl. The show followed them to Ethiopia and shared their journey of getting to know and bond with their new daughter. It was such a beautiful story to watch, and I was overcome with emotion as I thought of you two. I felt like I was watching what you will be going through, hopefully sooner than you think, and being part of such a beautiful experience. It was amazing to see what the country of Ethiopia looked like and the people of heritage who clearly cherish their children. Watching the new parents bond and get to know their new daughter was amazing and I know you will have the same experience!
I hope you don't mind me sharing this with you. I hope you know how much you are loved by all your friends and family, and even though we may not truly understand what you are both going through, our hearts are with you always. I cannot wait for the day when we have a party for your new child, like in the show, and we can all meet him or her and show this child how much they are wanted and loved.
I cannot imagine what you are going through and how the wait must be longer than you ever imagined. Please know that I think of you both so often, and know that one day you will be giving a precious gift to a child. You may feel like your child will be the gift for you both, but I truly believe that your child will be receiving the biggest, most beautiful gift of all, you both as parents.
My love and thoughts are always with you and I am always here if you need ANYTHING!!
Your forever friend,
Beth~
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment