Sunday, February 1, 2009

In 6 months.....

I hope to finally be a mother.
I hope its sunny and warm outside.
I hope my house feels small.
I hope to be so exhausted I can barely function.
I hope I won't have time to make dinner.
I hope we have a rocking chair.
I hope to have play dates.
I hope we are buying so many diapers we have to rebudget monthly expenses.
I hope toys are everywhere and we don't have time to pick them up.
I hope to hear a baby screaming so loud it puts me on the brink of tears.
I hope that Lady is happy to have an addition in the house.
I hope I have to get up in the middle of the night.
I hope we still have Netflix.
I hope that we can still afford our cleaning lady!
I hope that we won't be able to take a vacation for years.
I hope the house wreaks of spit up and baby poo.
I hope I can't develop photos fast enough.
I hope we have the adoption, flights, and travel expenses paid off.
I hope that I have drool smear all over my shirts.
I hope to enjoy nap time.
I hope to hog the shopping aisles with a stroller.
I hope I have to match little socks.
I hope our lives have been completely flipped upside down.

In 6 months, I hope I am finally a mother.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope all your "hopes" come true!

Unknown said...

Ummmmm, do I have a say in a few of these things? :)

Allison Rome Johnson said...

Hi Kate~reading your "hopes" list brought tears to my eyes! You are going to make an amazing mommy to some lucky little child some day and I my "hope" for you and Chad is that it is soon! I will keep you in my prayers...God really delivers! Thanks for sharing your blog site and story with me!