Sorry for the delay in posting. Its been a very rough few weeks.
My new nephew arrived on March 6th. The following Thursday, my sister Jess went into the the ER concerned with shortness of breath. Thinking it was a blood clot, the doctors did a catscan. They found a tumor in her chest that spans approximately 6 inches horizontally across her lungs. The tumor is roughly 5 inches wide and is pressing against her aortic artery. Jess has undergone a number of tests only to be diagnosed with a form of cancer called Hodgkin's Lymphoma. This was the best possible news of the worst possible news. Hodgkin's is treatable and curable. In less than two weeks after Grant being born, Jess, as of today, started her chemo treatments. We think the symptom's were masked by her pregnancy and that the hormones escalated the growth of her tumor. As well as the mass in her chest, doctors have found traces of cancer in a lymph node as well as her spleen.
She is a determined fighter. Cancer is messing with the wrong girl!
Please keep Jess, her husband Kris, and their two boys, Jack (2) and Grant (2 weeks) in your prayers.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
So sorry to hear about your sister. I found your blog by chance when I was searching for blogs on Ethiopian adoption. My two precious grandchildren joined our family through adoption. Today my friend emailed me about this organization. Hope they can help your sister http://www.cleaningforareason.org
I am so glad that they fond it fast. Wishing all the best for the whole family.
Ugh... sorry to hear the bad news. We'll be keeping your sister and her/your entire family in our prayers!
Thinking of you and your family...
Love,
Cheryl
Kate, I don't know what to say except the Christensen girls' are tough!! Lots of love, hugs, and positive energy surrounding your family. Here for you anytime in any way.
You are all in my thoughts. Sending peace and love.
Kate, praying for your sister and your family. The American Cancer Society does amazing things for cancer patients and their families...let me know if I can be of any help.
I know it's been a couple of weeks, but I just wanted you to know that prayers are still coming her way! We hope to hear good news soon.
Post a Comment