Monday, January 11, 2010

Testing & Tantrums

I am so bad at sometimes wanting to hurry life up. Mamush is so close to both walking and talking that when he starts to finally do them he will be running and caring full conversations. I want it to happen so bad! I can't wait until he is running around the house and I can't wait until I can understand him...even if its him yelling "No Mom!" or "I don't want that." At least I will know that he understands me and I understand him.

We are in those strange stages of testing and tantrums. I don't think anyone really believes me that Mamush throws tantrums because he is such a total angel around people or groups of people. But let me tell you, they are real, sometimes quite comical and other times incredibly frustrating. If he doesn't get exactly want he wants, most times he ends up on the floor, face buried and crying. I don't know if its the right thing to do or not, but I just leave him be. I usually ask him to "Let me know when you are done over there." The whining is equally as fun. Especially when he has spent part of the night (Saturday and Sunday of this weekend) up and at one point (3:30 AM, Saturday) giggling in his crib. Chad has been a total trooper as he is MUCH better at getting Mamush to sleep than I am. He can usually get him calmed down and sleeping in a third of the time it takes me...equally as frustrating as the tantrums.

Jumping in feet first with a toddler has been a journey, that is for sure. Though I know we are doing the best that we can, some days are much better than others. Its all such a learning curve and these days, I just don't know what to think concerning the newborn coming in late June. As if I don't know we will have our hands full.

2 comments:

Adventures of Antone said...

Oh Kate, I could have written this post. We still have many many nights of 3 am giggles...we don't go in but it definitely keeps us up! Antone is not walking or fully talking yet either but is a very determined little man, which increase his (and our!) frustration...but its rare that others see it. Hang in there. I think this is one of those "this too shall pass"

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate and Chad, You are absolutely doing the right thing, when he has a tantrum, just leave. He will get that it doesn't work someday but for now, just giggle, he is just testing you. Just make sure you pass the test! Love mc