Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mussie

I wanted to first say thank you for your comments. I love getting them, most of the time its a highlight of me blogging!

I thought I would do a quick little update that we recently received from the agency. CHSFS has recently partnered with the Mussie Orphanage, a newly licensed Ethiopian orphanage. This is a new childcare arrangement for CHSFS and they will be operating the current CHSFS care center in Addis Ababa. Ethiopian Law requires registered international adoption agencies like CHSFS to work in partnership with a licensed Ethiopian orphanage. During our adoption, the child is legally represented by Mussie until our case has been approved through the Ethiopian court system. We are currently represented through CHSFS, until that happens.

The children will be moving into the Mussie Care Center. When we go to Addis Ababa we will continue to stay at the guest houses originally provided by CHSFS. The agency did send us some photographs of the new care center and it looks like a warm, bright environment. The care standards set previously by the CHSFS Care Center will remain. This is good news for us and CHSFS, so a good update!

No comments: