Sunday, January 4, 2009

Dreams, Dreams, Dreams

I am an extremely vivid dreamer. They are so vivid, that I could probably match a paint color to something I saw in a dream.

The dreams started about six months ago, but most recently they have been more frequent. My first one was me sitting in my kitchen and a little 4 year old girl with big puffy pig tails was eating breakfast across from me and we were saying "Have a good day" to her pre-teen brother walking out the door with a back pack on. And yes, of course I had my 10 year old white boy with three nostrils dream a few months ago. A few weeks ago my door bell rang and a big beautiful black woman handed me a tiny little girl. Last night Chad and I were sitting with a little boy who was standing, trying to keep his balance and we were cheering him on. I see them so clearly and remember their little faces, as if they are burned into my memory.

Honestly its kind of exhausting having these dreams. As if I never really went to sleep that night, I wake up and I am more tired then when I went to bed. I am not sure what these dreams mean or why I have so many of them. I do know that even though I am exhausted the next morning, I always wish I could fall back asleep, into the same dream so I could have just one more minute with my babies. I take that back, at least ten more minutes, maybe even twenty.

No comments: