Our home, the never ending saga of project after project. The hail damage repairs are coming to a close (I know, I wanted to pass out when I just read that too.) Only after 6 months of fighting with State Farm, waiting for mortgage companies to sign checks and a contractor who keeps plugging away, we are in the home stretch. I am hopeful that it will be done by the end of the year. We have had to go back to State Farm three additional times after the first adjustment to ask for more money, once for the roof, once for the light post and another for the shutters. Its been one thing after another and the entire process has been exhausting. Oh, and trust me when I say, there is absolutely no such thing as just the $1000 deductible. Triple that and now we are talking. The only blessing, its kept my mind off baby.
Speaking of baby, we actually did see some referrals this past week. Whoop Whoop! We are not sure how many but we are hoping between 6-10. In the past the referrals have trickled in weekly, since June the referrals have been in batches. Doesn't look like we will have a Christmas baby this year, but we are keeping our fingers crossed that we will be on track for a January or February referral. Maybe by then I will have stopped having panic attacks when entering "Scaries R' Us."
Chad and I have also been working on building a library for our bambino. Its the only thing we know is safe to buy at this point. I think we have over 50 books, everything from "The Snugly Puppy" to "Good Night Moon." I finally told Chad that we have to stop with the books already! At some point we will need money to buy this kid socks....and clothes....and formula....and diapers....and a carseat...and here comes a panic attack.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment