Monday, May 5, 2008

Homeland Security?

written by Kate

Sometimes I think that some of the "fun" stuff that goes a long with the process of adoption is doing things that you never thought you would have to do. New experiences, one this past Saturday, at the United States Department of Homeland Security.

I never would have guessed that in my lifetime I would have to get fingerprinted (James Bond Style) by Homeland Security. We had to wait for the Department to send us a date and time to go, we lucked out with a Saturday appointment at 8:00 AM. We had to bring in some specific forms, fill out some more, and 45 minutes later we were done.

One more thing to check off the list. So now we nest. Which seems kind of funny, but I admit, we are nesting. Starting with the garage this past weekend. It was an extreme garage makeover, complete with cabinetry, organizers, and bins. After 14 trips to Ace Hardware and three days later, its done! Next up....more wallpaper, a nursery, landscaping, bathrooms, a kitchen, and a laundry room. Granted, this will be over the course of the next 30 years, but who's counting?

No comments: