Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Oh Baby....and a Dossier

written by Kate

You know its a good day when you wake up an Aunt. My sister Jess had her big baby boy this morning at 6 AM. He is the most beautiful little thing, all 8 pounds of him. His name is Jack Richard and he has a very full head of brown hair (think lots of hair and then add even more hair and that is how much he has!) I was able to see him today, I can't hold him yet cause I am battling this stupid infection, but oh did I want to. Jess is doing well and lookin' good, Kris has his daddy glow on full power (almost blinding really) and Petey (their beloved dog) is at our house harrassing Lady-pie.

Our little Jack is really putting the pressure on our little Dossier. After the homestudy process, Chad and I have to assemble an obscene amount of paperwork, get it all notarized and send it back to the agency so they can send if off to the US and Ethiopian Court Systems. Just to give you a taste of the amount of paper, this is about half of what we are tracking down.....

3 Sealed Birth Certificates Each
3 Sealed Marriage Certificates
1 Clearance Letter from the Bank
1 Employer Letter Each
2 Passport Photos Each (for application)
1 Clearance Letter from New Hope Police Department Each
1 Photocopy Passport Each
2 Letters Recommendations
1 Income Tax Form
1 Medical Clearance Letter from Doctors
1 I-600A Tax Form
& a lot of money.

We are getting there, but it takes some time and we want to make sure that we do it right the first time. I just want to be done with this part so I can anxiously await in peace knowing that a little baby is going to be ours soon (or in the next year anyway.) That sweet little Jack needs a cousin or two or four, or how ever many we can afford (don't tell Chad I said that.) Maybe someday I will be able to say "You know its a good day when you wake up a Mom." Until then I am totally cool with Aunt.

No comments: