Friday, April 4, 2008

Night & Day

written by Kate

I am sorry this is a little non-descript, but I have a fever and bronchitis so my wits are missing in action. I didn't want to not post about about second homestudy visit, especially after the number of supportive calls and emails I received after my last one.

Chad and I had our Social Worker out to the house on Thursday morning for our second and last round of the homestudy process. Given the title it was nothing short of a completely different experience. She went from criticizing to advising she would recommend us for not just an infant, but twins or a sibling group. She was polite, really polite, and I actually thought whoa, maybe I could like this lady. OK, lets be honest, we have a ways to go, but it was a much better experience. And, even better, after cleaning the house top to bottom, cleaning closets and lecturing the dogs on no funny business while she was visiting, she didn't even want to see the house. She checked out the main floor and we practically forced her to see the family room down stairs! She must have been in a good mood because she actually asked me for some "color" design advice for her master bedroom.....(I was like....ummm, really?)

Thanks for all of your prayers, they must of worked.

And, to my father-in-law, whom I love very much, Happy Birthday and I am sorry I am going to be missing your party this weekend. Fifty's never looked better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kate,

I hadn't read for awhile, and it looks like you had a big couple of weeks. I am glad you can be so open in this and I will try to check more often so I can be a supportive friend. We missed you this weekend!

I hope you are feeling better, and quickly, that bug people have been getting is aweful...

Miss you,
Tina