Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

written by Kate

Happy Easter everyone! Chad and I hosted Easter at our house with the Christensen Clan and we had a great time on Saturday night. We hosted a Wii Tennis Tourney (Chad rigged it and won,) ate a great meal, and celebrated Mom's birthday with a little cake. Most importantly, the Christensen's celebrated our last holiday together, just the eight of us.

How did we get to eight? Well, obviously I somehow got Chad to marry me, Jess married Kris and Banz (Annie) hasn't married Craig yet, but we hope he sticks around. We have all witnessed our entire family dynamic change with the additions of our boys (sometimes mom refers to them as "her boys.") And we will soon be nine. Jess is due the first week in April, with yep, another boy! Testosterone is starting to take over the Christensen household.

Even better is knowing that this time next year, we could have the Easter Bunny visiting a little one that actually belongs to us. I can already feel how each holiday this year will mark a specific amount of time passing as we get closer to bringing home our child. As hard as it is to want to wish your life away, I would be totally ok with just skipping the next year or so just to hold our wee one. Apparently, patience isn't exactly one of my strong suits, who knew?

And yet another Easter milestone, I made my first ham today. I don't even like ham, but God forbid its Easter and we don't cook Chad a 10 pound ham. Must be true love...Chad and I, not Chad and the ham, although they say there isn't just one soul mate out there for each of us. Anyway, hope you all enjoyed your Easter with family or friends, or maybe just each other.

Here's hoping that spring is on its way (after three straight days of snow.)

1 comment:

foreverisamoment said...

Although I am not psychic, I have a sneaking suspision that you absolutely will be holding your little one by next Easter!! I can't wait to watch your family grow! I feel just as excited for your baby as our own, truly! Also, did I mention that your blog rocks!!? Sara