Last year, on this day, I was just 48 hours away from getting on a plane to meet my son. WOW! I had kind of packed only to realize that I should really unpack to see what I packed and then repack it all. Mamush was packed and ready to go, with too few size 2 diapers to boot! Chad had probably been packed for at least a week or so (God Bless Him!)
We had a flurry of action happening. Plumbers, carpenters, painters, and a phone that wouldn't stop ringing. We were wrapping up work and nesting like mad, crazy people (probably more me than Chad.)
I remember really, really wanting to just be on that plane, seated and ready for take off. It would be an opportunity to get just a little bit of rest, catch up on some movies but more importantly finally feel like the love I had for our son, wouldn't just be about a photograph and social report. I would be loving something that I could see, hear, touch and smell.
On this day one year ago I saw a big bright shiny light at the end of a very long and dark tunnel...and I finally had my running shoes on.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay for anniversaries! Isn't it incredible that a whole year has passed?! Sending you all hugs!
Post a Comment