We experienced a few firsts this weekend! For both babies!
On Saturday morning a fellow blogger and friend invited us to attend a family tradition of theirs! We headed over to St. Paul for a cup of joe, an amazing bagel sandwich and great company! It isn't often that we get to connect with other adoptive families and its always a treat to spend time with the "Our Chilly Ethiopian" family. It was a beautiful morning and as the kids ran around outside playing in the fountain and chasing Mamush, Scarlett and I were introduced to Geocaching. I had read about this activity many times on their blog but didn't really fully understand it until Tony treated me to a hunt! In a nutshell, there are treasures hidden all over the city, urban and non urban areas. There are gps locations of the treasures and your job is to find them, open them, and jot down that you were there. Twenty four feet outside of the coffee shop there was a treasure, we hunted and conquered! And now I am intrigued as Tony told me there are a few located in a park just a few blocks from our house! I am not sure I can go to our local park as a sane woman again!
Afterward we headed home for naps and in the evening headed to the Mall of America! I am not sure if was bravery or stupidity as its back to school season and it was packed! We had won some "mystery" tickets to go to the Nickelodeon theme park. We treated Mamush to three rides, his favorite being the carousel. For me, the best part was watching him go round and round and spotting his dad in the crowd and waving to him.
Sunday the weather was a little piece of heaven. It was cool, with a breeze and absolutely worth the wait! My sister Jess came up with her boys and the two of us, took (wrangled) the four kids to the park. My mom and dad came up with my cousin Emily from Maryland. Dad headed to the Twins game with Chad and us girls visited at home.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment