Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

We had a great weekend! Mamush headed to Jess and Kris' house to play with Jack while Papa Rich and Aunt Annie came over to help us around the house. We made a list and tackled a lot of projects that we needed help with. We had dinner together...take out...sorry about that. It just feels good to get things done!

Sunday was a play day. The three of us woke up, we had breakfast burritos, read the paper and got ready to head off to the Twins Game. Grandma Roxi came down to watch Mamush and Chad and I enjoyed the game with Grandpa Jeff. It was a nice day, we sat in the sun, enjoyed food that should not be consumed more than once a year and watched the Twins win! Sunday night Chad mowed and Mamush played outside. It was a great day.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend as well treating the women in your life. I know that Mother's Day for most waiting moms is almost unbearable. It was for me. You all were in my thoughts as you push through the unknowns of adoption. Just know that you are already mothers and don't let a soul tell you otherwise! I hope you treated yourself this past Sunday as well.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

YES! Wouldn't it be fun to split some and share...I do NOT have Captain Kirk! I am hoping to photograph them all this summer, how dorky! Hadley is good to help take care of them, but Piper just steps all over them if I'm not watching like hawk! I'm glad you had a productive and good Mother's Day, one that you could actually enjoy. The sucky ones are not far from my memory, but they are SO far removed from my heart now :) Phew. God is good.