Happy Halloween!
I don't know what it is about this day, but I LOVE it.
I have loved Halloween for as long as I can remember. When we were kids, the night before Halloween, my dad would sit patiently and carve pumpkins to our exact specifications. On the big day, mom would help us get all dressed up and take us to Grandma and Grandpa Berens' so they could see us in our costumes, Grandma usually gave us big candy bars, which to us girls was a big deal. Dad usually took us out to the neighbors, I remember running all over Skyline (our neighborhood...which is more like a small village really) with friends trick or treating.
I think it is nostalgia for me. The pumpkins glowing and the sound of the leaves rolling through the streets as kids run through them. Some days I wish I could just snap my fingers and I would have a house full of kids so I could really enjoy today. Until then, I carve pumpkins for myself, decorate my front door, hand out a ton of candy, and just enjoy the sounds of the evening.
Next year, will be the year, so as I wait, indulge your kids for me today!
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment