There are a number of blogs that I read concerning adoption on a daily basis and for those of us that are waiting, you see a lot of great ideas on how to make the wait easier or things to do that help pass the time. So, I thought I would quick blog about what Chad and I have recently been up to while we wait.
Though I would prefer that the latest "While We Wait" story would be something cute about getting ready for baby, its not. Its about hail....a lot of hail. I have a visual in case you need one....
Photo of deck/Photo of driveway & front yard
We were hit this last Saturday with ping-pong ball size hail. Chad was home while I was in Mankato. I returned on Sunday to what looked like fall, debris covered every inch of our property. My hostas are shredded and my annuals are toast. Chad and I raked and filled 15, 55-gallon garbage bags of crud (with blisters to prove it!) We haven't even tackled gardens yet.
So, while we wait for baby, we will be coordinating the installation of a new roof, new gutters and flashing, refinishing a deck, and tending to my gardens. Would someone please tell me why I am bringing a child from Sub-Saharan Ethiopia to Minnesota?
No comments:
Post a Comment